The Wool Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wool Room

The Wool Room is a forum for wool rabbit breeders

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Michigan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NeuBunny

Hello from Michigan Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Migrating from Rabbit Habbit which is apparently shutting down - javascript:emoticonp('Smile')

Hoping this new forum will be even better! javascript:emoticonp('Kisses')

I'm mom to Neu Bunny Rabbitry (MI) which consists of myself and my 3 kids 4H projects. We are very new to rabbits -- my oldest got us all into this with 4H - next week will be her second year showing rabbits at fair!

Jillian (14) raises Jersey woolies and is considering adding lionheads.

Joshua (11) has minirex (he thinks our fluffy bunnies are too girly)

Rhiannon (11) is still deciding -- she has 3 minirex (and is planning her first breeding after fair), a french angora (which she declared too high maintenance) and her current favorite an American Fuzzy Lop (blue tort buck). She's currently looking for a good doe to match.

My baby is a fawn french angora buck which my kids got me for mother's day.

I love color genetics and calculating the odds for particular colors from a given cross (more fun than sudoku!)

Back to top Go down
fuzzypatch

fuzzypatch

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello, I'm Kristina, and I raise JW in Florida. My colors are Agouti, Shaded, Self, and Tan. Welcome to the wool room Smile
I saw on RH that you thought one of your rabbits what a squirrel? Which one? I have a squirrel and I can post pictures of him for you to compare if you'd like.

Nothing can compare to RH, but I created a Rabbit/Cavy forum that a few people have switched over too. http://s4.zetaboards.com/Rabbit_Addict/index/
Back to top Go down
http://fuzzypatch.weebly.com/
NeuBunny

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi! Will be joining your forum too shortly!

Just reposted the photos in the critique segment here -- one in the middle (Trina) is the one we think is a squirrel doe. Sire is an opal carrying chin (Cchd) and dam is a black carrying dilute and either shaded or pointed. Which makes squirrel a good candidate on the genotype. Weird part was that this baby was born looking totally self (no agouti markings - identical to the blue brother) but the fur came in with rings. Early on, folks suggested this one was probably a shagouti, but (based on a litter with another doe) we are now sure the sire is carrying chin which should be dominant over the shaded.

Would love to see photos of your squirrel for comparison!

Back to top Go down
Celestial_Wind

Celestial_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi and Welcome to the forum! I am Ragen and live in SOuthern NJ I breed JW's exclusivly I breed for Self, Shadeds and the ocasional tan (Sable Martens Kisses My favorite color) I cant wait to get to see pictures of your bunnies.
Back to top Go down
NeuBunny

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Jillian has recently fallen for the martens too - thinking about whether to get a marten buck to add to our genepool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Michigan   Hello from Michigan Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Michigan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Wool Room :: General Information :: Introduction-
Jump to: